Kitchen Ideas

I have quite a few pictures in my inspiration folder of beautiful white kitchens with subway tile, marble countertops, butcher block and other stuff that would require a complete gut renovation of our kitchen to accomplish. I also have a bunch that I have saved because they showed some sort of unique way to give a kitchen style when your cabinets are less than beautiful and your countertop is laminate. I pulled together a number of them here to see if any of these ideas could be applied to my kitchen. I'd like to have our kitchen feel a bit more warm and personal and not like we just moved in without spending a great deal of money.

This kitchen from which was all over the web for a while almost borders on the first sort of kitchen I described, with new white cabinets and new appliances. But what I like about it, besides that they have the same windows as our house, is the open storage and the way they have very kitchy retro stuff displayed in a more sophisticated way, plus the chalkboard wall. I have a large collection of kitchy kitchen stuff from forties and fifties, but I don't want my kitchen to look like some sort of 1955 time capsule with matching red and white ruffled curtains and checkerboard floor. I love how this kitchen has moderns stuff mixed with the vintage items so that it isn't too sweet.
Here I like the warm color for one, and also how there is a mix of items on the shelves so that it doesn't look too forced, but adds some interest and color.
I love the warm black wall in this one and the use of art. Plus the high shelf over the door has given me an idea on how to display my vintage toasters.
Chalkboard wall again. I like them even better when they are messy. They have a depth and richness without having to resort to some sort of faux finish. The variation is natural.
Love, love love the yummy wall color in this kitchen, and the art on the walls, and the mostly neutral palette with the bold fuchsia window shade. Like the crisp white cabinets and the irregular glossy black floor (though I have a feeling in real life that floor would drive me nuts).
I believe this was an entry in an Apartment Therapy contest. I like how the crisp paint job and nicely framed are make up for a rather plain cabinet and countertop.
Love the vintagey-ness of this one. Somehow yellow walls work much better in this kitchen than my own. I don't know how well some of these ideas can work together, or work in our kitchen, but we'll see what happens.

Comments

anjalimehtus said…


India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency Bar Funitures Onlineto bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

Popular Posts