Itchin' for Spring

Even though it was pretty mild Saturday, it got fairly icky on Sunday and today is just plain cold! This is the time of year when I'm starting to lose patience waiting for spring. These little snowdrops gave me a bit of hope the other day. I keep looking around the yard to see if anything else is coming up. Usually what I do this time of year is go to the Arboretum in Oyster Bay which also has a number of greenhouses. I like to spend an afternoon in the warm, humid air amongst the flowers getting a "fix" of the scent of lots and lots of living (not dormant) plants. Since I have fallen behind on my creativity exercises, maybe I'll bring my watercolors and try a two for one helping both my creative and emotional side.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love bulbs, but I'll have to wait until next spring. I'll just console myself with knowing that our new house has actual grass in the backyard!

Popular Posts