Curtain Call

I'm trying to make a decision on a fabric for our bedroom curtains. The top left pattern is from a set of sheets that I bought on sale that I will be turning into a duvet cover, the other seven are ones I like for curtains, but I can't decide which! I wanted to do full length curtains, but because we have a steam radiator under the right hand window, I figured that would be too much of a fire hazard. I had thought about roman shades, but even when they are open, they still hide the top of your window. I am going with cafe curtains which I know aren't typical in a bedroom, but I think they will work. They will cover the lower 2/3 of the window-I'm going to hang them above the sashlock, aligning with the first muntin (Thought I'd give you some architectural terms). This way they will provide privacy where we need it and let in the morning light above. I hate waking up in a dark bedroom, so I love having the sun peek in above the curtains. Plus, when laying in bed, I can look out and see the trees and sky. I can't decide if I want the curtains be neutral browns similar to my bedspread and duvet or if they should provide some color and contrast in the room. hmmmmm.....

any ideas?

Comments

Popular Posts