Today was a particularly successful yard sale day. We started out on this street around the corner from our house and there were at least six sales on the one street. I got all four of those enamelled cast iron pots at the first sale for only $10! The two orange ones are LeCrueset, the yellow one with the lid is a Belgian brand I've never heard of and the grilling pan is a newish one. Not a bad way to start the day. A few doors down I found the blue anodized dish, which is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen. It has some mineral deposits on it, but I've read that some vinegar and boiling water can get them off. Anyone have success with that? I'll try soaking it tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. The deer and turtle will add to the menagerie of critters I have around the house and that odd looking thing in the back is actually a letterpress of a site plan of a 1950s ranch house. There were other images, but they were technical drawings of god knows what. Of course I was drawn to the architectural one! Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but then again I don't know what to do with half of what I bring home. Oh well.

Comments

Samantha said…
I like that crazy letterpress thing.

The kind of stuff you'd never find at Walmart.

Popular Posts