Foyer sneak peeks!

Our foyer is almost done! Last week we scraped and stained the edges of the trim that had been painted over and painted the whole room. The medallion still needs a fresh coat of white paint and we will paint the heating pipe that runs up the corner of the room once the heat gets turned off for the season. Plus there's that whole "hole in the wall" thing that needs to be dealt with. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's because I've been very skillful at avoiding it in photos. It's a rather embarrassing hole between the foyer and my office that we opened up almost a year ago after the previous owner had walled it up, but we haven't had a chance to put trim around it yet so it exists just as a large crappy hole between two rooms.



I apologize for the flash photo above. There just isn't enough light in that room for a proper photo. I'll have to bust out my tripod one of these days and play with the manual settings on my camera to get a better shot. I figure I'll wait till the room is actually done to take those shots.

If anyone is wondering why I decided to go so dark (even on the ceiling), I noticed that even when the room was painted white it was still a gloomy room. It is on the north side of the house, the only glass is in the front door that looks out onto the porch which is constantly shaded. Since I wasn't going to paint the trim white, I decided that the room is always going to be a bit dark so why not go all out and paint it a bold dark color that I would be chicken to use anywhere else in the house. This way, the foyer is dark, but every room off of it seems bright by comparison. I'm super happy to finally have my sheet music out of boxes and back up on the wall. I missed them.



So, what do you think? Am I nuts to paint the ceiling charcoal gray? Probably.

Comments

Fallon said…
I quite like the dark wall color :)
Just like your chalkboard paint in the kitchen, I love your use of the bold, dark colors. I wish I were as adventerous. I tried to talk the bf into painting one of the bedrooms dark charcoal grey- I think it would look sharp with the warm wood floors and the white painted furniture-but he wasn't having it!
-Christine

Popular Posts